Research For Life - Board Secretary/Treasurer
Compelling opportunity to join Research For Life in a pivotal role managing Board meetings, grants and general financial oversight for a team supporting quality medical and biomedical research in the Wellington region.
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract (part-time)
- Coordination of Board meetings and grant applications
book keepingand record keeping
Research For Life (Wellington Medical Research Foundation) is dedicated to supporting and encouraging young, talented people to engage in medical and biomedical research through distributing invaluable medical research and travel grants.
We are looking for an adaptable, compassionate and self-motivated person to join us on a part-time basis for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for managing the requirements of regular Board meetings, including setting dates, recording minutes and secretarial work. The role also manages grant applications on behalf of young researchers and provides seamless, conscientious support to the Research Advisory Committee.
As Treasurer, general financial oversight of Research For Life will also be your responsibility, including accounts receivable, bank statement reconciliations, financial reporting and general accounting tasks.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- General administrative and secretarial skills
- Experience using Xero
- Database management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to provide effective support to the Board
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders
We are looking for someone who understands the Not For Profit
Please contact Leanne McLean at Niche (04) 471 5871 for a confidential discussion about the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for this job now.
Applications close Monday 2 October 2017.